What to do during the Easter Holidays in Sitges
During Holy Week and until Easter Monday, Sitges hoss different religious and musical activities, especially featuring the procession of Good Friday and Saturday Caramelles and Easter Monday. Here we have prepared for you the schedule of the Easter activities in Sitges so you can experience the real Spanish traditions celebrated in this beautiful town.
1. Guided tours in the Maricel Palace. The tours will be done in English at 11h, at 12h in Catalan and at 13h in Spanish. (The 22nd of March 2016)
2. Exhibition of the Holy Easter Sepulchre Steps and dioramas of the passion, death and resurrection of Jesus. From 19: 00 to 21: 00 pm the agrupació of Balls Populars will be showcasing some the most traditional dances. And the Dioramas exhibition by the Grup Pesebrista: consists of 10 dioramas where different moments of the passion, death and resurrection of Jesus are represented. (The 23rd of March 2016)
3. Holy Thrusday in Sitges (The 24th of March 2016) At 11:00 am you can watch the Liturgical prayer of Lauds and receiving of the exposure oils and Easter Steps and at 19:00 pm the Mass of the Dinner of the Lords will be held.
4. Holy Friday in Sitges
- 8: 00h. Via Crucis, from Hospital de Sant Joan to the Church of Sant Joan.
- 11: 00h. Liturgical prayer of Lauds and Office of Readings, Parish Church, Pl.Baluard s / n
- 18: 00h. Celebration of the Lord’s death, Parish Church, Pl. Baluard s / n.
- 18: 00h. Celebration of the Lord’s death, Church of Sant Joan, Pl. Sant Joan Baptista s / n.
- 22: 00h. Easter procession, with the route. Baluard Pl, Mirador Miquel Utrillo, Fonollar, Baluard Vidal i Quadras, Port of n’Alegre, Rafel Llopart, Sant Damià, Santiago Rusiñol, Jesus, Sant Bartomeu, Gaudenci Sant, Sant Francesc, Cap de la Vila, C /. Major, Pl. Ajuntament and Pl. Baluard.
5. Holy Saturday Celebration
- 11: 00h. Prayer Liturgy of Lauds and Office of Readings, Parish Church, Pl.Baluard s / n
- 22: 00h. Celebrating Easter Eve. Parish church Pl. Baluard s / n
- 22: 30h. After the celebration of Easter Eve, sung Caramelles, Parish Church, Pl. Baluard s / n
- 23: 00h. Caramelles (popular songs sung at Easter, in Catalan), Pl. Ajuntament. With Caramelles groups Prado, Retiro and Caramelles Caramelles Sitgetanes.
- 00: 30h. Caramelles in the Parish of Sant Bartomeu i Sta. Tecla.
For more detailed information on the activities your can check out this website. We wish you a happy easter holiday and we hope you’ll enjoy the charms of Sitges during this time of the year!