Don’t miss the best music festival in Barcelona: Sònar 2017
An innovative music, creativity & technology festival. The 15th, 16th and 17th of Junes Barcelona is all about Sonar. With the presence of epic artists like:
- Nina Kraviz
- Marco Carola
- De La Soul
- Jon Hopkins
- Eric Prydz.
Between Monday 12th and Sunday 18th of June, the city of Barcelona will become a second to none platform for international contemporary culture. A wide range of activities and events will take place throughout city’s different cultural spaces, combining to create a veritable Sónar Week comprised of the festival, exhibitions, concerts and installations.
Check out the cultural activities in the entire city
The festival’s music program adds the Opening Night Björk DJ Set and the Closing Concert at the l’Auditori on Wednesday 14 and Sunday, June 18 respectively.
The latter will feature Nico Muhly on piano and Stargaze performing the piece “Death Speaks” by David Lang. The sound installation “Wave Shift” by Mark Bain will occupy the Pabellón Mies van der Rohe and experimental dance show “Épica”, by Aimar Pérez Galí, will take place in the Mercat de Les Flors.
Sónar+D opens a full day early with the addition of a Networking Day on Wednesday, June 13, a day of exchange, learning and debate exclusively for professionals.
- Maker Faire Barcelona, a special event geared towards families, taking place at the Fira Montjuïc Pabellón Italiano on Saturday 17 and Sunday, June 18th.
- The IGL 2017 Global Conference, an annual conference that highlights the latest trends in innovation, entrepreneurship and growth policies, will take place at CosmoCaixa on Tuesday 13 and Wednesday, June 14.
It will bring together policy-makers, professionals and researchers from all over the world, who will join Sónar+D on Wednesday, June 14, to learn first-hand about the most innovative projects and the talents that develop them.
The festival program will host 5 exhibitions:
- “Björk Digital” at the CCCB
- “David Bowie Is”, the anthology dedicated to one of the most influential figures of our time.
- At the Barcelona Design Museum: Lightforms / Soundforms,
- A complete exhibition to date on the work of Brian Eno at Arts Santa Mònica.
- And “Blackout”, dedicated to the recently deceased Catalan artist Tres, at La Virreina Centre de la Imatge.
Article by Sònar