How to select the perfect wedding venue in Spain
Selecting a wedding venue is one of the first decisions you’ll make as an engaged couple — it will influence your vendors, budget, décor, and even attire, everything. We decided to give you guys some tips.
A lot of people dream of a Mediterranean wedding, and honestly, they are not wrong to, because the entire Mediterranean coastline is truly beautiful, with some amazing settings for a wedding venue in Spain
Before talking about the factors you need to bear in mind for the venue selection, you need to know, or at least estimate how many people you are going to invite to your wedding.
Wedding venue check-list
- Location: Decide whether you’d like a wedding in the countryside, city, more private, more public, easy access, etc.
- Capacity: Make sure the capacity fits your event. If you are doing a cocktail party rather than a sit-down meal, space can likely fit more people.
- Availability: If it matters to you.
- Type: Such as hotel, outdoor, historical, restaurant.
- Layout: Note if it has space for all aspects of your wedding (ceremony, cocktails, reception). Sometimes this isn’t clear till a site visit.
- Website: You can easily go back and remind yourself with photos on the venue’s site.
- Restrictions: Does the website list any major restrictions, such as a definite end time, that would affect your decision?
- Parking/Transportation: Make any notes regarding free parking, public transit access, or other transportation considerations.
- Facility Extras: List here any items included with the venue: A/V equipment, chairs, tables, linens, etc.
- Caterer: See if they have restrictions on catering, such as an in-house caterer or a preferred list of caterers you are required to work with.
For many couples, it’s important that the location they select is easy for the majority of their guests to get to. However, whether you’re hosting your event close to home or planning a destination wedding in another city, state or country, you need to think about the logistics of getting everyone to your event site.
Let us help you find the perfect wedding venue in Spain
You’ll love our wide range of wedding venues in Barcelona, each totally unique in their aesthetic and appeal. Featuring breath-taking views and stunning luxury, our venues are in a class of their own. Couples can use the venues for everything from the ceremony and reception to the evening party and accommodation, making them truly versatile in fitting your every possible need.
Our locations include spectacular villas and venues, located in and around Barcelona. Whilst each venue offers its own, distinctive charm, all make for strikingly unforgettable wedding venues. Choose between rustic opulence, country modernism, and characterful beauty, all without compromising on location or facilities. You’ll find the lush waves of the sea nearby, as well as fantastic transport links for your guests – not that they’ll want to leave!
We can also take care of the food
Organizing a wedding, finding a venue… It can all be very overwhelming. Therefore we like to help with everything we can and with everything we mean EVERYTHING. We can arrange a full catering service and clean up afterward, leave it in our hands. Cloud9 catering aims to take you to a Mediterranean gastronomic heaven.